The Teaching Practice Coordination Department (TPCD) at The Kenya School of TVET (KSTVET) plays a leading role in the training of Technical Teachers. It is a service department in the sense that it serves all the students pursuing technical teacher education programmes.
The main role of the (TPCD) is to place teacher trainees in Teaching Practice Institutions and ensure that they are supervised and assessed professionally and effectively.
To be a centre of excellence in the coordination and provision of teaching practice services
To produce professional and competent technical teachers through well-coordinated teaching practice exercise.
- To develop competent and skilled technical teachers.
- To carry out research for teaching practice service improvement
- To provide technological innovations that address Teaching Practice problems.
- To reduce gender parity in selecting Teaching Practice Institutions
- To produce graduates who are well inducted in the Teaching Profession
- Next >>